[FFmpeg-user] need help in reducing the stream start latency in a network enviroment

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:06:58 EEST 2017

Thanks Moritz for your valuable support.

About my app.

I wrote a stand alone app  using ffmpeg library which implements my usecase,
I have a producer thread and consumer thread in the app, producer thread
takes the h264 and aac frames from hardware encoders and gives to ffmpeg
thread(consumer ) on a pipe. The app muxes the streams and  writes to a
unix socket.

Now I have observed the latency in the following steps.
1. producer & consumer thread communication introdues a latency of 8 sec.
2. IPC(Unix domian sockets used)  between two app for cloud upload -->  a
latency of 6 secs.

let me know if you have a better way to handle this scenario.

Regards,
Ratheendran