[FFmpeg-user] Desktop Capture 'Jerky'

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Mar 6 15:58:55 EET 2017

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 13:22:51 +0000, derekg wrote:
> Dear Carl Eugen ,

Why just him? ;)

> addition of '--enable libasound' in the compilation stage . An ffmpeg
> capture process successfully captures both video and sound , however
> unsurprisingly on the older machine it is a little jerky . I've used
> ffmpeg -f alsa -f pulse -ac 2 -i default -f x11grab -s 1920x1080 -r 60
> -i :0.0 -qscale 0 -f mpeg -ar 48000 -s wvga -y /media/sda5/sample.mkv to

Could you please post the *actual* command lines (this/these has/have
some errors in it), along with their complete, uncut console output?
(Copy/paste from the shell, not screenshot.)

There's probably a lot that can be improved, but we need the info which
ffmpeg's log kindly provides.

Moritz