[FFmpeg-user] Convert iPhone MOV to Android MP4

Richard Duran ricdur2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 15:22:36 EET 2017

On Mar 10, 2017 5:14 AM, "Cley Faye" <cleyfaye at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will have to try that. I was about to revert back to my original
> question, wondering why going from AAC input to AAC output didn't retain
> the input bitrate.

You *really* want to use the copy method
here.

Writting a small script that take input files, probe them using ffprobe,
then create ffmpeg command with either "-c copy" or appropriate aac
settings seems to be the cleanest way you could achieve what you're asking.

Thank you for clearing up some things for me, and especially for the
explanation regarding what ffmpeg does and doesn't do.

I am thinking that I will end up doing exactly as you and another responder
suggested and make use of ffprobe.