[FFmpeg-user] Convert iPhone MOV to Android MP4

Richard Duran ricdur2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 15:28:42 EET 2017

On Mar 10, 2017 12:05 PM, "Nicolas George" <george at nsup.org> wrote:

Le nonidi 19 ventôse, an CCXXV, Richard Duran a écrit :
> I will try both this and the previous suggestion. Yours should allow me to
> use the Opus codec.

Indeed, Matroska can support Opus, which is far better than anything
else available at this time. Be warned, though, that not all versions of
Android do support it, unfortunately.

It may be supported at application level though. I strongly suspect that
any FFmpeg-based application, starting with VLC, will. I do not know if
applications can provide codec plugins for other applications.

I my small test cases, the native Android media player did, in fact,
support Opus. Unfortunately, for me, the videos with rapid movement
displayed some pixellization effects that I would prefer to avoid. I think
I'm more willing to sacrifice audio than video, so I will probably be
sticking to MP4 so I can use -vcopy.

Again, thanks to all.