[FFmpeg-user] cross compile FFPLAY

Lars Heinrichs lars.heinrichs at studmail.w-hs.de
Thu Mar 30 13:02:52 EEST 2017

Hello!

I can successfully build ffmpeg using a cross compile toolchain (linaro).
What I need on my target system is mostly ffplay, however, FFPLAY is
missing. Some google searches showed that SDL is required to build
FFPLAY, so i installed libsdl2-dev.

I am running ./configure using
    ./configure --enable-cross-compile
--cross-prefix=<toolchain_path>/arm-linux-gnueabihf- --arch=arm
--cpu=armv7-a --target-os=linux
what generates a warning:
   WARNING: <toolchain_path>/arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config not found,
library detection may fail.
what is correct, there is no -pkg-config in the toolchain.

config.mak had a line !CONFIG_FFPLAY=yes that i removed the ! from.

On 'make', everything is build just fine except for ffplay:
   CC    ffplay.o
   ffplay.c:56:17: fatal error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
   compilation terminated.

I don know if the error is related to the warning I got on running the
configure script.
Do I need SDL to be built for the target platform (= cross compile and
then link the result (how would i link this?)?) or should it be working
right away? If -pgk-config does not exist, is that a problem?

If what I want is not possible for some reason, what might be an
alternative to ffplay?