[FFmpeg-user] gst-ffmpeg on ARM Linux: GNU assembler not found, install/update gas-preprocessor

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Wed May 10 20:27:09 EEST 2017

I've been trying to compile the latest GStreamer for the Raspberry Pi
running Raspbian (Debian).

When I try to build gst-ffmpeg, it fails with the message:
GNU assembler not found, install/update gas-preprocessor

I've downloaded gas-preprocessor.pl file [1] and put it in my $PATH,
with the executable flag set. The "test" target in the Makefile also
succeeds with no errors. Still, the initial error message remains when
trying to build gst-ffmpeg.

Any hints?

(I've successfully built different previous versions (e.g. 1.10.1) of
gst-ffmpeg without this dependency on the same setup.)

Thanks
Gottfried

[1] https://github.com/FFmpeg/gas-preprocessor