[FFmpeg-user] Windows 10, ffmpeg concat/demux is slow... part 2

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Mon Nov 13 18:34:59 EET 2017

On 13 November 2017 at 15:56, Kevin Duffey
<kevinmduffey-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> What sort of speeds should I see when concatting two DNxHR SQ 4K videos together?

That depends on the underlying hardware. Apologies
if I missed it, but it's still unclear to me if you are able
to achieve an 'expected' speed with an OS-level copy
(or something else independent of ffmpeg) on the
hardware you listed.

I am surprised at the disk usage, but I don't know if
that figure represents total IO, read operations (ie
the source files) or write operations (the output).

In the case of concat, my understanding is that
the 'fps' should (will?) depend on how fast ffmpeg
can read and write from/to the media. Others who
are more experienced can correct if that's incorrect.

Rob