[FFmpeg-user] MXF AS-07 Guidlines

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 01:28:44 EET 2017

> I was curious about any current or future plans to accept and
> integrate the new AS-07 standard for MXF Archive and
> Preservation.

Patch welcome!
If you have a sample that would also be very welcome!

The suggested standard for video preservation for archives
is ffv1 in matroska, I personally doubt that mxf is the answer
to any question, some - knowledgeable - people say it is good
to preserve broadcasting metadata, but I wonder why you
need any new archiving technology if you already have
(digital) broadcast material as source.

Feel free to watch, listen and read about No Time To Wait 2
which you apparently missed.

Carl Eugen