[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg_preview_options

Legault, Phillip [GTSUS] PLEGAULT at ITS.JNJ.COM
Fri Nov 24 14:34:58 EET 2017

I'm not fomiluar with ffmpeg at all, and ffmpeg is required for my Digital Asset Management site.
I'm having issues with previews on the site and I was told:

"The requirement is to generate an MP4 file with 'h264' video encoding and  'AAC' audio for web browser playback. If we can ascertain the ffmpeg command required for this we can add it.

For my own system the  option I use is as below:-

$ffmpeg_preview_options=" -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 23 -preset fast -maxrate 4000k -bufsize 1835k -strict -2";

We advise testing the command from the server using a test source file until you find the correct settings. Once you have this you can update the configuration accordingly. "

I have no idea on how to test this  or find the correct syntax to allow the generation of previews.

I would appreciate any help you can provide me.

Thank you,

Phil