[FFmpeg-user] Waveform to video

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Oct 11 01:15:19 EEST 2017

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 22:00:39 +0200
Olivier Daubry <olivier.daubry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Kind of new here but thought that I could possibly find people that could
> help me over there. Anyway thanks for reading this.
> I would be looking for a software that could convert an audio file to a
> video clip of the waveform moving (such as in any playing DAW) with a fixed
> playhead.
> Zoom would be like 5 seconds of audio but this is secondary.
>
> Does this already exist ? Would ffmpeg help me achieve this ?
>
> Thanks everyone, hoping this won't need crazy development ^^

I'm guessing you missed the reply to your first message:
<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2017-October/037400.html>
...but it wasn't very helpful because it points you to the gigantic,
monolithic help file variant and to the video waveform monitor filter
which is not what you want.

See showwaves and showwavespic filters:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#showwaves
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#showwavespic

If it must "slide" you can use showwavespic filter as the foreground,
color filter as the background, and overlay filter to slide it.

Non-subscribed users do not get direct replies so I CC'd you. See the
archives (via my first link) to see if there are replies by others.