[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg with NVDIA GPU enabled

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Oct 13 11:17:23 EEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 03:57:03 +0000, Nandepagol, Gurushantappa wrote:
> I am getting below error
> "./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-nvenc --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --ena                                                                                                                                                             ble-libnpp --extra-cflags=-Ilocal/include --extra-cflags=-I../nv_sdk --extra-ldf                                                                                                                                                             lags=-L../nv_sdk
> gcc is unable to create an executable file.
> If gcc is a cross-compiler, use the --enable-cross-compile option.
> Only do this if you know what cross compiling means.
> C compiler test failed.
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org<mailto:ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this will hel                                                                                                                                                             p
> solve the problem".

Why did you send a screenshot, which shows exactly the same thing as
your text above? There's no value in that.

Did you attach config.log to the original (rejected) email? If so,
please try by sending us only the first 10 and last ~20 lines of
config.log, instead of the complete file.

Also please tell us which platform you are running this command on
(Cygwin?).

Thanks,
Moritz