[FFmpeg-user] vpxenc-vp9 row-mt

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 03:54:34 EEST 2017

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 02:21:17 +0200, Szucsik György wrote:
> > Well, not in the libvpx code I could find. Which vpxenc were/are you
> > using? What is its version, what is the option called?
>
> I grabbed the official source from here
> https://www.webmproject.org/code/
>
> cloned https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp
>
> the compiled code corresponds to
> vpxenc v1.6.1-1338-gb58259ab5

Ah, okay. That's not a release version, but if it's latest git, it of
course has the row-mt feature. Then, if you (re!) compile your ffmpeg
against it, ffmpeg should also support row-mt. If you only exchange
libvpx without recompiling ffmpeg, ffmpeg won't gain support for the
feature. I am now guessing that this is your issue. If not, we have to
look at your build process. (We're getting closer! ;-))

> > > Looks like there is a miscommunication here, unfortunately.
> > Between whom?
> Between ffmpeg and libvpx devs?

Why? ffmpeg supports libvpx's row-mt even before libvpx has had it in a
release. That's quite nice (but normal - ffmpeg doesn't rely on
"releases" much either).

> So it must have changed then​, I don't know. Does not explicitly say it's
> experimental
> https://groups.google.com/a/webmproject.org/forum/#!topic/codec-devel/oiHjgEdii2U

No, I only pointed out that the "new-mt" was obviously experimental
enough to dare to rename it.

Moritz