[FFmpeg-user] Why is concat so slow on a powerful machine?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Thu Oct 26 14:46:01 EEST 2017

On 2017-10-26 13:26, Erik Dobberkau wrote:
>> Back on-topic, Kevin; if you cannot even copy a file from one directory to
>> another at reasonable / expected speed; I too would recommend checking your
>> hardware, and
>> any likely bits of software- eg do you have some aggressive antivirus
>> intercepting / "quarantining" all disk writes?
>>

> Kevin,
>
> have you excluded the folder being written to from Windows Defender's
> surveillance or 3rd party software Rob has mentioned? This can massively
> impact writing speed.

Another impacting thing could be a tool trying to index or analyze the
new file as it appears.

I have seen this with a file browser displaying a photo of each video in
the folder, saying its size and duration...

This could impact more a new file created from the concatenation of two
previous files, compared to a copy or move of a single file.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.