[FFmpeg-user] Need info about ffmpeg-10bit

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:12:01 EEST 2017

> Could someone send me a link to talks about the difference
> between the binaries "ffmpeg" and "ffmpeg-10bit" ?

No, but I can tell you (without testing) that "ffmpeg" is linked
against a libx264 library that was compiled for 8-bit encoding
while "ffmpeg-10bit" is linked against a libx264 library that
was compiled for 10-bit encoding.

So far, it is impossible to compile a libx264 library that can
encode both 8-bit and 10-bit and it is impossible to link
against both libraries at the same time. This is supposed
to be fixed soon.

Carl Eugen