[FFmpeg-user] ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:20:47 EEST 2017

> it's simply bull* that a random snapshot has always less bugs as
> you pretend over years and that was provne in enough cases
> alone over the last months

I assume you are talking about 3.4 because I hope you agree that
current 3.3 has a huge number of issues that are fixed in git head,
no?

Since the release of 3.4, several issues were fixed. They will
most likely not be backported and never be fixed in 3.4.

It is true that because of the version bump and the configure
merge, FFmpeg is currently kind of unstable, this happens
approximately every two years. (Last time, nobody complained
specifically, I observed.) I still believe that users have no
disadvantage when using current FFmpeg over 3.4 and in a
short time, current will have a huge advantage over 3.4.

Carl Eugen