[FFmpeg-user] Dolby E decoder

Frédéric Busnel-Joncour fred.bj at free.fr
Mon Sep 11 12:48:45 EEST 2017

>> Looks like you need to resample audio to sample rate ac3 supports.
>
> I've just tried to convert two different Dolby E source from wav to u8, then ffprobe recognize them as a Dolby E stream, but it says that they're 44800Hz, I guess it should be 48000Hz. Perhaps there's a bug here ?
>
> But I unfortunately can't use ffplay to play it, there a compilation bug on my fedora 24 box with this last ffmpeg release (very annoying by the way, I must investigate it).
>
> Also, is it possible to display some more information from the u8 packed Dolby E stream using ffprobe ? When copying from wav to u8, many metadata are displayed, but almost none using ffprobe, perhaps there's an additional argument to add ?

Here are the results of some others tests :

1) Split the Dolby E Stream in Wav container into two mono Wav container > merge both mono Wav container into a stereo Wav container > wrap into u8 raw data

-> Works well and the Dolby E stream is recognized by ffprobe, but still at 44800Hz.

2) Split the Dolby E Stream in Wav container into two mono Wav container > put both mono Wav container into a MXF wrapper with video > extract both mono Wav container from MWF wrapper > merge both mono Wav container into a stereo Wav container > wrap into u8 raw data

> Works well and the Dolby E stream is recognized by ffprobe too, and still at 44800Hz.

Now I need to fix ffplay to play the raw data and check if sound is OK, or if the sample rate mismatch is an issue for it.

Best regards,

Fred