[FFmpeg-user] Cold Case

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 02:01:41 EEST 2017

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 22:53:56 +0000, Remiel Fallen wrote:
> To whom it may concern:

That's us.

> I am presently working on a cold case file. The video format has an
> extension *.bwm it is from Cisco Video Surveillance Program. I am
> trying to convert the file to usable format so I can enhance it to
> read a license plate in the video. When I run the file I get an error
> message [rtp @ 0000000001c0ee80] ​Protocol 'rtp' not on
> whitelist 'file,crypto'! *.bwm: Invalid data found when processing
> input

Firstly, please show us your command line and the complete, uncut
console output. Both contain a lot of valuable information.

Secondly, I can guess that ffmpeg inteprets your file as a sort of
playlist, which in turn contains rtp:// URLs. Or something like that.
But that's guesswork, your command and its output will tell us more.
The whitelist error message tells you that you may need to add "rtp"
to the whitelist, in case you trust your file.

> Windows media player uses a video codec: mpeg4sub6

Have you tried any other players?

Cheers,
Moritz