[FFmpeg-user] OSX 10.9 libx265

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Apr 2 16:57:20 EEST 2018

Am 02.04.2018 um 15:44 schrieb Daniel:
> Hello,
> I installed ffmpeg to OSX 10.9 with tho following command:
>
> brew install ffmpeg --with-fdk-aac --with-freetype --with-libass --with-libvpx --enable-libx265
>
> First during compiling I got the message: --enable-libx265: unknown command
> And then when I run a shell with libx265 I get the result:
>
> Unknown encoder 'libx265'
>
> Can someone give me a hint how to activate libx265 on OSX Mavericks?

besides that 10.9 is nearly 10 years *end of life* and likley nobody out
there is testing any longer if new code runs there at all why don't you
ask on a "brew" specific list?

this is upstrean ffmpeg (not x265, not brew) and build works fine on
Linux with x265-devel installed for years now (but not dated back to
operating systems with EOL in 2009 and released in 2007)