[FFmpeg-user] Convert images to DNXHD 444

Matt Kitcat matt at elmtreecottages.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 14:39:30 EEST 2018

Ok. Thanks. That works.
However all of these conversions produce output of the "wrong" colour.
If anybody has the time to take a look I have uploaded some examples;
I used the tiffs in the zip file http://elmtreecottages.co.uk/Tif.zip

There are two quicktimes http://elmtreecottages.co.uk/FFmpegDNX.mov which
was produced with ffmpeg and
http://elmtreecottages.co.uk/Test_0001gn_10_X1.mov which was produced with
the Quicktime api.

There is also an image http://elmtreecottages.co.uk/Charts.jpg which shows a
screen example of the difference. (ffmpeg on the left) The quicktime version
is, to me, indistinguishable from the source tiff in terms of colour. The
ffmpeg version is less saturated and a bit "milky". I have been searching
for hours for any way to get the correct output. This happens with dnxhd
dnxhq and dnxhdr. Given that re-encoding the quicktime version with ffmpeg
does not produce the same colour shift, i.e. the output is identical I am
thinking it is the way ffmpeg is dealing with the tiffs rather than the way
the encoder is behaving, if this makes sense.

Any ideas how/if I can resolve this?

Matt