[FFmpeg-user] weird seek behaviour in hls streams

Daniel Oberhoff danieloberhoff at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:51:00 EEST 2018

> On 17. Apr 2018, at 12:43, Gyan Doshi <gyandoshi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/17/2018 4:07 PM, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:
>
>> We run a service that extensively relies on hls streams recorded from rtsp capable cameras. We rotuinely generate clips from recorded streams and seem to run into weird behavior of -ss and -t. also it seems the hls stream always has a start-time of 1.4s. This is not the core problem though. when we generate short clips deep in to the stream i.e. -t 1000 -s 10 it often happens we get no output at all.
>> any ideas?
>
> Please share full uncut command and console output for such a case.

or to compress that last mail:

the hls has a start offset of 1.4 (even though the transcoding source does not).

when clipping a 1s segment from 0 the output start offset is 0

when clipping a 1s segment from 1 the output start offset is 0.6

when clipping a 1s segment from 2 the output start offset is 0.6