[FFmpeg-user] ProRes XQ 12-bit support

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:45:48 EEST 2018

> Two or more wrongs do not make one good.

Sorry, I’m not understanding your point.  The question I’m trying to understand is, how are pixels actually encoded?  Is each pixel represented by a triplet of RGB / YUV values?  If so, is there some way to look at it in a text editor and see values like (1024,1024,1024) for a white pixel in 10-bit RGB?

Can it be possible for ffmpeg to misinterpret the image as 10-bit instead of 12, and still make the image look correct?