[FFmpeg-user] RTMP netstream commands

bob johnson gnipsfake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:10:28 EEST 2018

Hello!

When I use ffmpeg to send an rtmp to stream to various platforms, it works
great. However, when the source stream ends it seems like ffmpeg
automatically sends the deleteStream netstream command referenced here
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/rtmp/pdf/rtmp_specification_1.0.pdf

Do you know how I can disable this? I am trying to account for crashes on
my server and take over the stream from another server, but it is not
possible to resume the stream once this command is issued.

If the ffmpeg process is SIGKILL, it does not seem to send the command