[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg named pipe

Bob DeCarlo bobs2002mail at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 07:47:16 EEST 2018

 Since no one answered as of yet... I'll try.
Since you know that the default size is 65536, you probably read the man pages on mkfifo and pipes.  I would study the blocking.  For the shell:man 7 pipe
I can say that ffmpeg has no trouble getting real time data from an uncompressed(SD) live video source.  Do some testing, and maybe you can run a stress utility in another process to see where your breaking point is.  Your data rates may depend more on your machine capability.