[FFmpeg-user] FFplay network stream with low latency

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:42:32 EEST 2018

> I discovered an option in picamera python module to include the framerate in
> the SPS headers, so now I will use that instead of raspivid.  Plus it’s more
> flexible, allowing for more advanced text overlays.
> Now ffplay detects it correctly as 30 tbr, although it shows 60 tbc and it

This would be expected for an interlaced stream.

> shows different numbers for fps like 28.83 or 29.25 each time I run it.  Why
> is that?

I guess the timing is not exact for this kind of hardware.

>  Anyway, it still has the same 10 seconds latency, with or without
> ffmpeg up front.

Did you already try the options that are proposed in the wiki?

Is there a reason why you have to use FFplay? ffmpeg supports
several output devices and it may be easier to convince it to
hurry up.

Carl Eugen