[FFmpeg-user] Regarding how to extracting video from RTPpackets using ffmpeg API or Source code

chetan goni cgoni25 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:40:12 EEST 2018

Hi   Moritz,

I have extracted RTP payload from RTP packets containing audio and ran
below command and got the audio file and played in vlc

ffmpeg -f mulaw -ar 8000 -ac 1 -i Audio.bin  output.wav

But when i tried with video same procedure and it is giving error

ffmpeg  -f h263   -i Video.bin   -f flv  out.flv

*Error : *

  libpostproc    55.  2.100 / 55.  2.100
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a3a2c0] Bad picture start code
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a3a2c0] header damaged
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a2f500] decoding for stream 0 failed
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a2f500] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0
(Video: h263, none): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize'
options
Input #0, h263, from 'audio.bin':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: h263, none, 25 tbr, 1200k tbn, 25 tbc
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h263 (native) -> flv1 (flv))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a3f140] Bad picture start code
[h263 @ 0000024ff2a3f140] header damaged
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Operation not permitted
Cannot determine format of input stream 0:0 after EOF
Error marking filters as finished
Conversion failed!

Thanks & Regards

Chetan Goni