[FFmpeg-user] -t option in output parameter

Axit Soni aksprince2111 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:07:56 EEST 2018

Hi Team,

Whenever I am passing -t option in Output Parameter like,
*ffmpeg -r 30 -i <input_fifo> -c copy -t 10 output.mp4*

I am expecting that my output.mp4 should have "30 FPS * 10 Seconds = exact
300 Frames". but output.mp4 file have frames between "270 frames to 300
frames".

Any one knows this behavior than please let me know reason behind it.

I also get information from another forum like, "-c copy option seeks thru
IFrames only"... Is this information is correct.

How can I make sure that My output.mp4 file with exact 300 frames. Am I
missing something or some parameter need to pass in ffmpeg command ?

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/