[FFmpeg-user] Building ffmpeg - pkgconfig, again (libmp3lame, this time)

darkmoon at frontier.com darkmoon at frontier.com
Sun Dec 2 01:37:06 EET 2018

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 04:53:56 -0800, Darkmoon <darkmoon at frontier.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:08:36 +0100, Moritz Barsnick
> <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
> Possibly, you only built a static libopus,
>
> Yes. I built all libs static only, because I am building only the
> static version of ffmpeg. No problem for me to go back and rebuild the
> libs, enabling the dynamic builds also.
>
>>   but pkg-config is being
>> called for synamic linking (and thereby omits Libs.private).
>>
>> (A quick workaround may be to add "--extra-ldflags=-lm".)
>
> I can try that. Thank you, Moritz, I seriously appreciate your help.
>
> Jeff

Building both the shared and static libraries seemed to do the trick.
Now the challenge is libmp3lame, because that package does not generate
a '.pc' file. I tried creating one by hand, using some of the others as
models, but pkg-config doesn't recognize it. I built both the static and
shared versions of the library, but no such luck. Anyone who has managed
to build libmp3lame into ffmpeg and remembers what worked? I would sure
appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Jeff