[FFmpeg-user] On-demand transcoding streams

Daniel Rosenzweig danielzr123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:22:42 EET 2018

I'm currently using ffmpeg to transcode an internet stream, to a file, to
change the format and lower the bandwidth.

I'd like to transcode from a live internet feed (changing codec and
bitrate)  to a local network url, which a media player or local internet
radio device could play.

I want the request to the URL on my local network, to start the streaming
from the internet (and stop the internet streaming, when the local stream
request is stopped (by a media player or internet radio on my local
network).

I want to do this for numerous internet streams, so I'd need a way to
address each stream.

Can this be done? Thanks