[FFmpeg-user] Dynaudnorm & earwax filters

Ronak ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 18:24:17 EET 2018

> On Dec 12, 2018, at 8:32 AM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> Ronak (2018-12-11):
>> Ok thanks. I tried to use this filter in my iOS code; but I'm getting
>> errors with an error code -35.
>>
>> This is my code that tries to write data into the filter graph and
>> reads it back; what am I doing wrong?
>
> I do not read whatever language that is, but at the very least your code
> is missing the translation error code -> error message.

I found out what my problem is; it's that the dynaudnorm filter is returning EAGAIN; which means I need to send it more PCM frames.

Now, I'm trying to integrate this filter into a real time player context; and I would like to avoid audio artifacts. I've been playing with various options that the filter has; but I can't seem to find one where it would work better in the real time context.

Does anyone know what the correct parameters would be so it works frame by frame or in a much smaller frame size so we can avoid audio artifacts?
Alternatively, is there another ffmpeg filter better suited to real time dynamic range compression or volume normalization?