[FFmpeg-user] How to fix video artifacts on ddvideo AVI?

dan9er dan9er at protonmail.com
Sat Dec 15 03:54:35 EET 2018

> > For a job, I have received some AVI files with visible artifacts on them. I
> > am tasked with removing the artifacts. These video files are movies
> > rendered using MovieShaker, and the raw footage does not have artifacts.
> > Is there a way to remove these artifacts, preferably with as little loss of
> > quality as possible?
>
> I suspect the error correction for dv could be improved but I strongly
> suggest you redo the job with the raw footage as this will not be solved
> in short time.
>
> Carl Eugen

First of all I didn't expect to get a reply so quickly, so thank you very much for paying attention to my thread.

Is there a way to reduce these artifacts by using one of ffmpeg's filters? Some artifacts are better than having to re-edit these videos again, due to... uh... private reasons I won't share on a public mailing list.

Thank you.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.