[FFmpeg-user] aac: Prediction is not allowed in AAC-LC.

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Dec 28 01:59:26 EET 2018

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 01:05:15 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: Inconsistent channel configuration.
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: get_buffer() failed
> Error decoding audio.
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: Prediction is not allowed in AAC-LC.
> Error decoding audio.
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: Sample rate index in program config element does
> not match the sample rate index configured by the container.
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: Too large remapped id is not implemented. Update
> your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still
> occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been
> implemented.
> [ffmpeg/audio] aac: If you want to help, upload a sample of this file
> to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel
> mailing list. (ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org)

This is youtube-dl's output. Please run youtube-dl --verbose, so that
we can see the ffmpeg command line it uses.

> $ youtube-dl -c -f 22 9Jomgc8Ui0E

This command line doesn't even trigger use of ffmpeg here for me,
because format 22 can just be downloaded (and doesn't need to go
through ffmpeg). Do you have any particular youtube-dl configuration
(~/.config/youtube-dl/config) which enforces reencoding or remuxing
with ffmpeg? If so, why?

Like Carl Eugen, I also couldn't reproduce the issue, even if manually
trying to remux the downloaded file with ffmpeg. Is your youtube-dl
perhaps using a different (older) ffmpeg binary?

Moritz