[FFmpeg-user] Cannot build ffmpeg 4.1 on Cygwin

Eric Thomas eric21797 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:54:18 EET 2018

My Cygwin is probably old - the machine I am developing on has version
1.7.17.

The "--disable-indev=dshow" flag allowed the build process to get further,
but it still fails with multiple errors.
Here are the first few...

In file included from libavutil/hwcontext_dxva2.c:31:0:
libavutil/hwcontext_dxva2.h:40:5: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'IDirect3DDeviceManager9'
libavutil/hwcontext_dxva2.h:72:5: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'IDirectXVideoDecoder'
libavutil/hwcontext_dxva2.c:40:54: error: expected declaration specifiers
or '...' before 'IDirect3DDeviceManager9'
libavutil/hwcontext_dxva2.c:64:5: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'IDirectXVideoAccelerationService'

There are several others, all occurring in hwcontext_dxva2.c