[FFmpeg-user] cannot build shared libraries on Solaris

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:54:59 EET 2018

> Here is an example of what I have. The other libraries are similar (no
> version numbers)..
> find . -name *.so* | xargs ls -l
>     ./libavcodec/libavcodec.so -> libavcodec.so.
>     47462412 ./libavcodec/libavcodec.so.

I suspect this is related to your shell, try:
$ ffbuild/libversion.sh avutil libavutil/version.h
libavutil_VERSION=56.25.100
libavutil_VERSION_MAJOR=56
libavutil_VERSION_MINOR=25
This is my output, I expect your output will not show the numbers.

This is a bug that could be fixed but given that sunos is a very
unusual target and I cannot reproduce here, my guess is that
you can somehow convince your build environment to use
bash instead of the Solaris shell...

If you need more support, please find out what top-posting
means and avoid it here.

Carl Eugen