[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Signature Error

Nicolas Briand nicolas.briand at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 20 13:04:45 EET 2018

Hi,

I was reading the FFMPEG manual and one function interest me. This function is called “Signature”.

I downloaded the last FFMPEG build static and I read the doc inside the .rar. There is two examples given, we have :

“To calculate the signature of an input video and store it in signature.bin:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vf signature=filename=signature.bin -map 0:v -f null -
To detect whether two videos match and store the signatures in XML format in signature0.xml and signature1.xml:
ffmpeg -i input1.mkv -i input2.mkv -filter_complex "[0:v][1:v] signature=nb_inputs=2:detectmode=full:format=xml:filename=signature%d.xml" -map :v -f null –“

The first one currently works, I took one .mp4 video, and I got a signature.xml.

But the second one doesn’t work. I would like to know if this is normal or a bug, if anyone has the answer.

This is the error generated :
‘[Parsed_signature_0 @ 00000000004a31c0] The filename must contain %d or %0nd, if you have more than one input.
[AVFilterGraph @ 000000000273d340] Error initializing filter 'signature' with args 'nb_inputs=2:detectmode=full:format=xml:filename=signaturev -f nullÔÇôÔÇ£'
Error initializing complex filters.
Invalid argument’

There is the full log in the attachment.

Best regards,

/Nicolas

Briand Nicolas | Integration Engineer
+33 638831235
nicolas.briand at ericsson.com<mailto:nicolas.briand at ericsson.com>
www.redbeemedia.com<http://www.ericsson.com/broadcastandmedia/>

EMAIL DISCLAIMER:
This message contains confidential information solely for its intended recipients; others shouldn’t distribute a copy or use it. If you received this in error, please email or call us and delete it. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this message (and any attachments or hyperlinks) are free from computer viruses. However, the recipient is responsible for ensuring that it is virus free before opening it.