[FFmpeg-user] All the video captures are made at a resolution of 176x144

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Feb 26 16:05:02 EET 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 00:34:26 -0500, DiegoUG wrote:
> I'm doing a capture of an image from the docker using my web cam, but the
> docker is doing it at a resolution of 176x144 and outside of the docker in
> my localhost it takes it to 640x360, in both it's the same installation, I
> do not know it's happening:

You need to check with V4L utilities or ffmpeg, which formats /
resolutions your v4l2 device provides. I would guess that docker gives
you only an abstraction (it's a kind of virtualization, right?).
Perhaps you only get USB 1.1, and that doesn't allow for your device's
larger resolutions (despite "-r 1"). Hmm, just guessing.

Moritz