[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 18:32:45 EET 2018

> If you can explain me how I can read and send the audio
> stream of a video file, using ffmpeg of my NUC running
> LibreElec, switching from passthrough to 5.1 internal
> decoding, well, I can give a try.

(Did you already ask this and I missed it?)

Download a current static Linux binary from
https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

You have to find out how to output audio: You most
likely have an alsa output, the following works fine
here, other devices may exist:
$ ffmpeg -i yourfile -map 0:a -f alsa hw:0
If this fails, provide the complete, uncut console output.

This is the command for another alsa device on my
system (so you get the possible syntax):
$ ffmpeg -i yourfile -map 0:a -f alsa hw:1,7

Carl Eugen