[FFmpeg-user] how ffmpeg use network streaming as input?

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:34:03 EEST 2018

Hi, I'm not exactly sure what problem you're having. However I am streaming
from IP cameras to youtube live. This is the command I'm using. Maybe this
will help you..

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg3.exe -re -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://
admin:admin at 192.168.1.230:554/VideoInput/1/h264/1" -f lavfi -f dshow
-rtbufsize 2000M -thread_queue_size 5096 -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer"
-c:a libmp3lame -ab 128k -ar 44100 -c:v copy -threads 0 -bufsize 512k -f
flv "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/7ddp-1234-5678-f3ff"

I have six cameras total. I renamed ffmpeg.exe to ffmpeg1.exe, ffmpeg2.exe,
ffmpeg3.exe, ffmpeg4.exe, ffmpeg5.exe and ffmpeg6.exe. This allows me to
terminate and restart each camera individually by looking at their process
name (in Windows 10). I made a separate program in C# that looks at the
bandwidth being used and determines if one of the processes has locked up.
It then restarts all of them.