[FFmpeg-user] How to compile ffmpeg on Android

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 14 14:19:37 EEST 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 18:58:26 +0200, Mohammed Bey Ahmed Khernache wrote:
> Another question: why *ffplay* is not produced?
> After ./configure ...
> in the output, I found:
> Programms:
> ffmpeg                            ffprobe

Unlike with some other configure scripts, "--enable-ffplay" apparently
does not force a failure if ffplay cannot actually be enabled.

The make it work, you need to have libSDL2 available.

Is ffplay of any use to you on android? Do you expect it to play on the
Android device's screen? (I'm not saying that's ruled out - I just
have big doubts.)

Moritz