[FFmpeg-user] How to compile ffmpeg on Android

Mohammed Bey Ahmed Khernache mohbeyinfo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:27:55 EEST 2018

>  The make it work, you need to have libSDL2 available.
libSDL2 must be installed on the host machine (where I am building), or on
the target machine (Android)?
>  Is ffplay of any use to you on android? Do you expect it to play on the
> Android device's screen? (I'm not saying that's ruled out - I just
> have big doubts.)
I need *ffplay*, because when decoding a video it gives how many frames are
dropped. This is an important metric I need to evaluate video decoding.
I don't know whether I can get this information using *ffmpeg *or not.

Best regards