[FFmpeg-user] tee pseudo muxer instance -> pipe to ncat

Dragan Randjelovic logicomyu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:05:24 EEST 2018

 Dear Moritz,

I don't mean to be too picky about your choice of words, but you are
> not telling us what you are trying to achieve, but only what you are
> actually trying. ;-)

I am not really sure what you are referring to :) I am trying to copy the
stream and prepare it for a different transport... one push one pull one
reliable one unreliable, one connectionless one connection oriented :)
But I am open to discuss specifics.

So you're trying to output both to udp and to a pipe, which goes to
> netcat?

True.

Thanks for providing a tip. Actually I am not sure how I would incorporate
listem 1 into a tee muxer and I would appreciate your help.
In regards to the tee muxer I could only think of "tcp://ip:port?listen "
syntax.

Capital L is listen closely :) - or re-listen on socket close. Does listen
1 switch provides the same behavior ?

re-listen on socket close ? timeouts etc... What if I shortly lose
connectivity and I want it reestablished ?
I am also not aware of nc64 buffering mechanisms so eventually it might or
might not work. Indeed I am trying/testing

EX. stransmit was not performing well in my case over unreliable link with
hevc-mpegts. Rather I had to shape the stream and go with tcp.
I could not try rtp_mpegts/rtsp_transport tcp/prompeg features as I am not
aware of software player being able to listen for columns and rows checksum
on two different ports.... I was looking for elecard... (please suggest)
and just a few days ago there was an email about missing metadata support
in rtp_mpetgts muxer....

Regards.
Dragan