[FFmpeg-user] How to have ffmpeg use parallel processing when searching through a single video

Abdirahman, Ahmed [VRACI] ahmeda2 at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 12 22:01:03 EEST 2018

Hi,

I am using ffmpeg to convert parts of a video (mp4) into images (png), but the videos are very long (8 hours). Right now I have the code performing this serially where once one ffmpeg command is done, it continues on to the next one. I was hoping there was a way for ffmpeg to take multiple time points and search continuously, instead of just seeking one at a time.

Thank you in advance,
Ahmed