[FFmpeg-user] Autolaunch FFMPEG when network traffic detected

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 18:38:46 EEST 2018

I'm struggling to understand exactly what your setup is but what ever
it is you have to do it so that a log file is generated. Maybe
/var/log/messages will contain the string you need.  I start ffmpeg
with an init.d script called 'stream', and this script creates a pid
file at /var/run/stream.pid and also starts a log at
/var/log/stream.log. In monit.conf I have this:

check process stream with pidfile /var/run/stream.pid
       start program = "/etc/init.d/stream start" with timeout 10 seconds
       stop program = "/etc/init.d/stream stop &&"

and I also have this in monit.conf:

check file <filename>.log with path /path/to/<filename>.log
     if match "<certain text string in the log file>" then exec "<command>"

you would have to change <filename>.log to the log that your using