[FFmpeg-user] Change in aac encoding?

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sat Jun 2 22:31:16 EEST 2018

For a TV set that is *very* picky about the video and audio formats that it
will play I have to convert all videos using:

ffmpeg -i "$1" -filter:v scale=720x404 -codec:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -filter:a aresample=async=1 -codec:a aac -b:a 192k "${1%.*}".mp4

This worked smoothly with all ffmpeg versions including 3.4.2 so far, but
after upgrading to v4.0 the videos suddenly play without sound. Although
there is an aac audio stream according to ffprobe, I get video, but no audio
during playback. The videos play fine with any other video player.

Has anything changed for aac encoding (or mp4 containers) in v4.0?
Do I have to adjust my command? How can I figure out what happened?

Ingo