[FFmpeg-user] Crash on DAR/SAR source change while HW transcoding

Mitja Pirih mitja at alternet.si
Thu Jun 7 11:16:16 EEST 2018

On 06. 06. 2018 17:25, Dennis Mungai wrote:
> And with CUVID, in particular: It's decoders are very fragile.
>
> You did mention that disabling hwaccel (cuvid?) raised your processor load
> significantly, correct?
>
> Can you confirm whether you're applying any filters down the encoder
> pipeline?
> Also, what processor are you using?

Yes, the load was raised by 100%, not that is really huge (from 6% - 9%
to 12% - 15%). But on 29 running ffmpeg instances it matters. Thou I am
still trying to understand where the bottleneck is when I try to pass
more than 32+ instances, but that is a matter for a new subject.

Dependent on a stream I am "burning" subtitles into a video and mapping
out only those streams that I am interested in, so one audio + one video
(optionally burned subtitles). Everything else (deinterlace) is done in
decoding stage.

CPU:
[    0.074709] smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
(family: 0x6, model: 0x3c, stepping: 0x3)

Br,
Mitja