[FFmpeg-user] Uploading output of ffmpeg to AWS S3

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jun 7 16:27:41 EEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 17:39:06 +0530, tarun singhal wrote:
> But this command is not working.

So what is it doing? Are there any error messages?

Without knowing aws, let me guess:
> ffmpeg -i <M3u8 Stream> -an -r 2 -t 60 -f image2 -vcodec mjpeg
> pipe:a_%0d.jpg | aws s3 cp - s3://ffmpegbucket-1/

The documentation for the "cp" command says: "Copies a local file or S3
object to another location locally or in S3." From those words, I would
guess it cannot handle stdin ("-"). And even if it did, you didn't name
a target file.

You do realize that your ffmpeg command outputs a stream of JPEG
images, and not a set of files? "pipe:a_%0d.jpg" most likely will not
nearly do what you expect it to.

> The objective is read a live stream keep generating frames and as soon I
> get 1st frame transfer it to AWS S3 bucket. So this will be continous
> upload process

You can probably do this from outside the ffmpeg command, by letting
ffmpeg create files, and checking the directory for the resulting files
before copying.

Moritz