[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 00:17:39 EEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 20:46:44 +0100, Anthony Griffiths wrote:
> re-stream this to ffserver (on the same machine) using
> ffmpeg-0.10.16-1.el6.x86_64 that I installed with yum.

Sorry, this version is *extremely* outdated. It was last maintained
three years ago, presumably just with security fixes. 0.10 hasn't
received functional fixes in ages.

Any issues you are seeing are most likely already solved. Even if not,
it's too much struggle trying to debug them on that version.

I know that is the version that rpmfusion stil distributes, and I know
of no other repo (negativo17's multimedia doesn't carry ffmpeg for
RHEL6).

You will need to compile your own version of ffmpeg. It's quite
straight forward, and well described here:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos

Please try that first.

On the other hand, recent versions of ffmpeg no longer have ffserver,
sorry. You may need to compile a pre-4.x version for that, or find some
other solution. :-/

Cheers,
Moritz