[FFmpeg-user] Change the fps of mp4 file during streaming without restarting video

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jun 10 22:15:40 EEST 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 23:05:31 +0530, mahek delawala wrote:
> I am having one mp4 file. During the streaming of the file I want to change
> the fps of video file without restarting the video or without creating the
> new mp4 file with modified fps.

Assuming you are using ffmpeg for streaming, use "-r <fps>" as an
output option (i.e. before your output stream URI).

Note that ffmpeg will achieve this frame rate by dropping or
duplicating frames. If you want to interpolate, you need to use a
filter.

Note also that this doesn't work with the video copy codec (-c:v copy).

Cheers,
Moritz