[FFmpeg-user] Change the fps of mp4 file during streaming without restarting video

mahek delawala m.delawala95 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:03:43 EEST 2018

Hi Moritz,

I am having some issues regarding changing the fps of the streamed video.

I am applying the following ffmpeg command on the terminal which has 30 fps
in the output and pushes the stream to wowza server.
ffmpeg -re -i ~/Videos/Movie/Chhello\ Divas\ 2015.mp4 -acodec copy  -r 30
-f rtsp -muxdelay 0.01  rtsp://mahek:Mahek@123@
192.168.201.76:1935/live/mystream

During the execution of the above command, i am applying the below command
simultaneously in other terminal which has 15 fps in the output.
ffmpeg -re -i ~/Videos/Movie/Chhello\ Divas\ 2015.mp4 -acodec copy  -r 15
-f rtsp -muxdelay 0.01  rtsp://mahek:Mahek@123@
192.168.201.76:1935/live/mystream

I am able to see that fps gets changed in the second terminal but I am not
able to see the video in vlc in any of the above command ( vlc just plays
the audio stream, video stream is not present).

Following are my queries regarding changing the fps of the streamed video :
1. What can I do so that I am able to see the video track in vlc ?
2. When I am entering the second command it starts from 00:00:00 time, so
how can I check the exact instance of time at which change in fps has
resulted in video ? (for example if I am having 10 min video and I have
entered first command, it starts streaming now after 5 minutes I am
applying second command in another terminal it also starts with 00:00:00
time now. Actually, FPS Changes effect must come from the 5 mintues(the
time at which i executed fps chagne command) only, Video plying must not be
start from the beginning.)