[FFmpeg-user] Change the fps of mp4 file during streaming without restarting video

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:36:51 EEST 2018

> I am able to see that fps gets changed in the second terminal but I am not
> able to see the video in vlc in any of the above command ( vlc just plays
> the audio stream, video stream is not present).

Please test with testsrc2 as input and no audio and if it still fails,
provide the command line you tested together with the complete,
uncut console output.

Changing the frame rate on-the-fly is not possible with ffmpeg (the
application) afaict, vfr input and output is possible in some cases.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen