[FFmpeg-user] Audio track not present in playing recorded file in vlc locally using ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 11:45:53 EEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 16:23:39 +0530, mahek delawala wrote:
> *2. ffmpeg -re -i <recorded_file> -crf 18 -c:a copy http://<ip_address>:1235/feed1.ffm*

In at least two previous threads, you were kindly asked to provide the
complete, uncut console output(s) of your respective ffmpeg commands,
but you never did. It's kind of tedious needing to ask back each time.
Please understand that ffmpeg's output provides a lot of useful
information. So please do that for this command's output.

> *3. rtsp://<server_ip_addr>:1235/test1.mp4 (entering in vlc)*

What does
$ ffmpeg -i rtsp://<server_ip_addr>:1235/test1.mp4
show?

> In VLC I am able to get video track being played, but audio track is not
> present.

I believe VLC has an info window (Ctrl+i?). Does it show the stream
having audio?

Moritz